A side dish with gravy using Spinach and Potatoes. Aloo Palak | Potato Spinach Masala is a very popular dish of North India. I really enjoyed eating this with hot Chapati. There are different types of methods to prepare the Aloo Palak / Potato Spinach Masala Recipe. This is my simplest way….
Ingredients for Aloo Spinach / Potato Palak Masala :
3 med Potatoes cut into 4 pieces each
3 to 4 cup Finely Chopped Spinach
1 to 2 no Tomatoes
3-4 tbsp Olive oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 med Onion Finely Chopped
1 tbsp Ginger-Garlicpaste
1/2 tbsp Red Chilly Powder
1 tbsp Corianderpowder
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
Salt as per taste
To prepare Aloo Spinach / Potato Palak Masala :
1. Peel and cut the potatoes into 4 pieces and pressure cook it.
2. Heat a tbsp of olive oil in a pan, add Chopped Spinach and fry till raw smell leaves. The spinach will take 5 to 7 minutes to boil. Turn off the burner and allow spinach to coo naturally. Then grind it with tomatoes properly in a mixture to make a puree.
3. Heat remaining olive oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, Ginger-Garlic paste and onions, fry till onion turn golden brown.
4. Add Spinach and tomato puree and cook for 5 min then add red chilly powder, salt, coriander powder and turmeric powder, mix well and cook for 5 more min.
5. Finally add cooked potatoes, cook for 2 more min. Aloo Spinach / Potato Palak Masala is ready.
6. Serve hot with Chapati / roti / paratha / non /rice.Share This: