Bisibelebath is a classic Kannadiga dish. Visit any of the Darshini hotels or Dosa corners and you are sure to see Bisibelebath as their signature dish. To prepare this we require Bisibelebath Powder. Here I am presenting my mother’s great prove one Bisibelebath powder recipe. So this powder is the star ingredient to make a perfect bisi bele bath. Hence I wanted to showcase this powder recipe by making a separate post. Once u make and store this powder, u can prepare Bisibelebath in just 15 minutes. Ok, lets see how to make Bisibelebath Powder at home easily.
Ingredients for Bisibelebath Powder :
6 Spoons Chana dal
6 Spoons Urad dal
6 Spoons Coriander seeds/ Dhania
½ dry Coconut
1 Cup Curry leaves
3 fistful Byadgi red chillis – 15 nos
2 fistful Guntur red chillies (smooth skin/guntur) – 10-15 nos
3 Spoons cinnamon sticks
1 Spoon Clove
1 Spoon Hing / Asafoetida
1 Spoon Methi / Fenugreek seeds
You can add 1 fistful Gud /Jaggery and 1 fistful Tamarind.
But I am adding these two ingredients while preparing Bisibelebath to increase the shelf life of Bisibelebath Powder
To prepare Bisibelebath Powder :
- Heat a frying pan or a small kadai and dry roast all the ingredients individually until they are crisp and fragrant. Roast on a slow flame and make sure you don’t burn the spices. Know let the roasted spices to cool down by keep them aside in a plate or tray.
- Mix all the spices very well and grind to a fine powder in batches in dry grinder or coffee grinder. Remove from the jar and keep it outside for a while and store the Bisibelebath Powder in an air-tight jar or container. Use this spice powder while preparing Bisibelebath.
Tips / Notes :
- You can add 1 fistful Gud /Jaggery and 1 fistful Tamarind(Need to dry roast the tamarind). But I am adding these two ingredients while preparing Bisibelebath dynamically to increase the shelf life of Bisibelebath Powder.
- Store it in airtight glass jar and if required keep it in refrigerator.
- Use only dry spoons to increase the shelf life.
So try this recipe and write back to us…We love to hear from you.Share This: