Chocolate Beetroot Cake with Walnut and Raisins is an exceptional combination of cake made with Beetroot and walnuts mixed together in the cake batter and the cake top sprinkled with walnuts and raisins. Walnuts that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids strengthen the heart and Beetroot is low in fat, full of vitamins and minerals and packed with powerful antioxidants. So here comes the healthy cake recipe…
Ingredients for Chocolate Beetroot Cake with Walnut and Raisins :
100 grams Wheat flour
100 grams Butter
100 grams Beetroot (grated)
100 grams Sugar powder
3 number Egg (medium size) (approximately 100g)
4 tbsp Unsweetened coca powder
2 grams Baking powder
2 tsp Vanilla essence
100 grams Walnuts
50 grams Raisins (Optional)
To prepare Chocolate Beetroot Cake with Walnut and Raisins :
1. Take a bowl add butter, sugar powder, cream it and add vanilla essence, egg, mix this well.
2. Take another bowl add wheat flour, coca powder, baking powder, walnuts, Beetroot grated, mix this with the flour, add this wet mixture to the butter mixture and mix it well.
3. Transfer into the greased baking tray and spread the walnuts and raisins on the top of the cake batter and bake them at 200 c for 20 to 25 minutes or until the tester (toothpick or knife) inserted near the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to become cool for 15 min before inverting on a wire rack.
4. Delicious Chocolate Beetroot Cake with Walnut and Raisins is ready to serve.
Tips / Notes :
- U can add any nuts instead of walnuts for this cake
- U can prepare Carrot Walnut Raisins cake by following the same steps by replacing the Beetroot with Carrot.
- Instead of Walnuts and Raisins spreading on the cake u can sprinkle sugar powder before cutting and serving the cake.
- U can use All purpose flour or Ragi flour instead of wheat flour.
Health benefits :
1. Beetroots have long been used for medicinal purposes, primarily for disorders of the liver as they help to stimulate the liver’s detoxification processes.
2. Beetroot is rich in fiber, exerting favorable effects on bowel function, which may assist in preventing constipation and help to lower cholesterol levels too.
1. Walnuts have potential health benefits in the area of memory and cognitive function as well.
2. Walnut helps prevent heart disease and are the fruit recommended for lowering cholesterol.
3. Walnut is a good ‘hair food’ too. This is because walnut contains biotin (vitamin B7) that helps strengthen hair, reduce hair fall and improve hair growth to certain extent.
4. Walnuts are high in protein, vitamins, omega 3 fatty acids, trace minerals, lecithin and oils. Compared with other nuts, which typically contain a high amount of monounsaturated fats, walnuts are unique because the fats in them are primarily polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) and are the only nut with a significant amount of alpha-linolenic acid. Moreover, walnuts have insignificant amounts of sodium and are cholesterol free.
So try this recipe and write back to us…We love to hear from you.