Kadi patta or curry leaves commonly used as seasoning, this leaf adds a special flavor to every dish it is added to. Curry leaves are Packed with carbohydrates, fiber, calcium, phosphorous, iron, magnesium, copper, minerals and vitamins like nicotinic acid and vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin E, antioxidants, plant sterols, amino acids, glycosides and flavonoids, curry leaves help your heart function better, fights infections and can enliven your hair and skin with vitality.
So by using this curry leaf we can prepare chutney to serve with breakfast dishes like Idli, Dosa, Pesarattu, Upma, Vada and Pongal. Apart from curry leaves which is the main ingredient, fresh coconut is also added and this is also a no onion and no garlic recipe.
Ingredients for Curry leaves chutney :
1/2 tsp mustered seeds
3 to 4 stems Curry leaves
3 to 4 Green chillies
1/2cup grated fresh coconut
Small marble size Tamarind
Salt as per taste
1tsp gud or as per taste
1 pinch Hing
To prepare Curry leaves chutney :
1. Place a kadai on stove, put oil, mustered seeds. Once they start splutter add curry leaves, green chillies, and hing and fry for 2 to 3 min.
2. In a mixi jar add coconut, tamarind, salt, gud and the frayed curry leaves mixture and grind them to make chutney.
3. Temper it with mustered seeds and hing. Curry leaves Chutney is ready to serve with breakfat dishes like Idli, Dosa, Pesarattu, Upma, Vada and Pongal.
Tips / Notes :
- If u want u can add Rosted channa dal or fried Penuts to this chutney.
- I dont prefer to put tadka for any chutneyso that i can use it for more than a day by keeping it in refrigerator.
- This is also a no onion and no garlic recipe. So u can prepare this chutney during fasting.
Health Benefits of curry leaves :
1. Helps keep anaemia at bay
Tip: If you suffer from anaemia eat one date (khajoor) with two kadi patta leaves on and empty stomach every morning. This will not only help keep your iron levels up it will also help make you stronger and beat the symptoms of anaemia.
2. Protects your liver from damage
Tip: This remedy is very effective to strengthen the liver. Heat one spoon of homemade ghee, add the juice of a cup of kadi patta, some sugar and freshly powdered pepper. Remember to only heat this mixture a little as Kaempferol boils at very low temperatures and will evaporate if overheated.
3. Keeps your blood sugar levels under check – fights diabetes
Tip: To help keep your blood sugars under check you should ideally add kadi patta to all your meals. Alternatively having fresh leaves on an empty stomach everyday can also help.
4. Can help relieve the symptoms of diarrhoea
Tip: If you suffer from diarrhoea gently crush some kaddi patta into a ball (the size of a berry), and drink it with some butter milk. Do this twice to thrice a day for relief.
5. Reduces congestion in the chest and nose
Tip: To relieve congestion take a spoon of powdered curry leaves and add a spoon of honey to it. Make it a paste and eat this solution twice a day.
6. Is great to stop hair fall, premature greying of the hair and accelerate hair growth
Tip: To help strengthen your hair and fight dandruff, add the juice of kadi patta, to 100ml of coconut oil. Heat this oil till it turns blackish and apply it to your scalp regularly.
So try this recipe and write back to us…We love to hear from you.