Easy Stuffed Eggplant and Potato Curry – Gutti Vankaya Koora with Bangala Dumpa. It is usually made with potatoes and tender, short and round egg plants (brinjal) be it a white or green or purple (your choice of color) the taste is pure fiery heaven. There are many ways of making this curry, but this is my own easy recipe and for this I am adding stuffed potatoes to give a light twist so that even children can enjoy this recipe and its our family favorite recipe too. Apart from its wonderful taste, this recipe provides a very healthy meal, as it is loaded with protein packed peanuts. A good reason to make this dish more often in every ones house.
Ingredients for Easy Stuffed Eggplant Curry – Gutti Vankaya Koora:
1/4 kg Eggplants : 1/4 kg
4 to 6 Potatoes / Bangala Dumpa
1/4th cup Roasted Penut
1 tsp Red chilli powder
1 & 1/2tsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
Salt as per Taste
2 tbsp Olive Oil
To prepare Easy Stuffed Eggplant Curry – Gutti Vankaya Koora:
1. Dry roast the Peanuts and bring it to room temperature. (To avoid this step and fasten the process, dry roast the peanuts as soon as get it from the shop. Then after bringing them to room temperature, store them in airtight container and use whenever its required.)
2. Grind the masala by adding Roasted Peanuts, Red chilli powder, Coriander powder, Ginger Garlic paste, Turmeric Powder and salt by adding less water.
3. Wash the eggplants and Potatoes and make a plus shape slit and stuff them with the ground masala.
4. Heat oil in cooker and add the stuffed eggplants and Potatoes. Cook for 2 min then turn all the eggplants and potatoes to cook other side too.
5. Then add remaining ground masala paste and required amount of water to it. Cover with lid and cook for two wishels.
6. Open the lid, adjust the taste and cook it further for 2 mins.
7. Easy Stuffed Eggplant and Potato Curry_Gutti Vankaya Koora with Bangala Dumpa is ready to serve. Serve it with roti, chapati or with white rice.
Tips / Notes :
- Adjust the spice and salt level as per your requirement.
- U can add Tamarind extract to get tangy taste.
- U can add onion too while grinding masala to get onion spice stuffed brinjal and potato curry.
- U can add fried sesame seeds while grinding masala to get different flavor.
1. Eggplant is very low in calories and fats but rich in soluble fiber content.
2. Eggplant is effective to control high blood cholesterol.
3. The peel or skin (deep blue/purple varieties) of aubergine has significant amounts of phenolic flavonoid phyto-chemicals called anthocyanins. Scientific studies have shown that these anti-oxidants have potential health effects against cancer, aging, inflammation, and neurological diseases.
4. This vegetable is an also good source of minerals like manganese, copper, iron and potassium.
1. Potatoes are nutrient-dense, meaning you receive many nutrients for the amount of calories they have.
2. The fiber is half soluble, half insoluble, so it helps to keep you regular and helps to lower cholesterol. And slowing down digestion helps to keep you full longer
So try this recipe and write back to us…We love to hear from you.