Flax seed owes its primary healthy reputation to three of them: Omega-3 essential Fatty acids, Lignans and fiber. Flax seeds are an excellent source of anti-inflammatory omega-3 essential fatty acids which helps to combat heart diseases, diabetes and menopause related problems. Flaxseeds have the highest amount of lignans – up to 800 times any other plant – which are cancer fighting compounds. Flaxseed is high in fiber. Flaxseed helps fight constipation, inflammation.
Ingredients for Flaxseed Chutney Powder:
½ cup Flax seeds
½ cup Peenuts
½ cup Channa Dal (Bengalgram Dal)
¼ cup Urad dal (Blackgram Dal)
1 cup Curry leaves
4 to 5 Garlic cloves (optional)
10 to 15 dried byadgi red chilies(wrinkled skin variety) (if you are using other variety use around 5 to 8 chillies)
Lemon size Tamarind
½ tsp Hing (Asafoetida)
1½ teaspoon salt (as per taste)
To prepare Flaxseed Chutney Powder:
- In a fry pan Dry roast all the above mentioned ingredients separately except hing and salt. Note : You have to roast the flax seeds until you hear a popping sound.
- Make sure that all the ingredients are nicely cooked in slow flame. Transfer all roasted items to a bowl including hing and salt. Mix well and allow it to cool completely.Once this is cool enough, put it into the mixer and grind it to a coarse powder.
- Now the healthy Flax seed chutney powder is ready. Serve it with Idli, Dosa, Chapati and Roti or even with hot steamed rice with a little Ghee or oil.
- Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Tips / Notes :
- Store it in airtight glass jar and if required keep it in refrigerator.
- Use only dry spoons to increase the shelf life.
- You can spread this chutney powder along with Ghee while preparing Masala Dosa.
So try this recipe and write back to us…We love to hear from you.Share This: