You may have wondered how you can make pizza dough at home. I bet you have your favorite pizza recipe you have been dying to make. It is a lot of fun to make homemade pizzas from scratch and it is n’t difficult to do at all.
Using Pizza Dough Later :
So after you have prepared your dough you can store it to use later. You can either freeze your pizza dough, or you can put it in the refrigerator. Which method should you choose? It depends when you are going to prepare your pizzas. If you are doing to use your dough within 3 days the refrigerator should be fine. If you want to use is later, you can freeze your dough for up to a month.
Once the dough has been kneaded simply place in a large sealable plastic container with a lid that has been sprayed with some non-stick spray. You will need to let the dough warm up for about 15 minutes before using this. The longer you leave the dough on the container, it will expand, you may need to punch down the dough. Some pizza parlours think this slow rise process is where the dough really gets the flavour.
Divide out dough into the desired portions, this recipe will make three medium sized pizzas and place the dough into a zip top bag that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Seal bag, and freeze for up to a month. You will need to allow the dough to thaw for 30 minutes before using.
Ingredients for Pizza Base :
Water – as per required
1/2 tsp – Sugar
1 tsp – Salt
3 1/2 cup – All Purpose Flour – Maida / Wheat Flour (I prefer personally)
4 gram Yeast (quick Raise )
4 tsp – Olive Oil
To prepare Pizza Base :
1. Take 1/2 cup of warm water, add yeast, sugar, salt, and 1/2 cup of all purpose flour and mix. Stand covered for 10 minutes.
2. Mix in yeast mixture into flour by adding required amount of water. Knead for 3-4 minutes till dough get soft. Cover and rest for 1 hr.
3. Knead again, for 3 minutes and rest for 30 min.
4. Pizza dough is ready to use. This recipe makes 3 med pizza base.
5. Take a lump of dough, pat or roll into a pizza base. Use dry flour to dust if required. Add pizza gravy as required, add toppings.
6. Bake in a hot (300C) oven, till base is crisp and light.
Tips / Notes :
· Never add yeast in very hot water/ boiling water, it will kill yeast property and u cannot get the proper pizza base
· To get the crust base use water quantity less compared to normal pizza base and make base very thin.
· By adding your required toppings u can create yummy veg or non-veg pizza at home.
· Try to use bread flour, it will give you a more chewy and crispy crust. In this recipe i used regular all-purpose flour, but if you happen to have bread flour on hand use this instead for better results.
· To really get your dough to stretch out well while rolling it out, let it rest a couple of times. This will let the dough relax and then you can continue to stretch it out even more.
· Touch the dough as little as possible when stretching it out.
· Resist the urge to add extra flour in the dough when working with the dough. It is ok if your dough is sticky.Share This: