Easy Chakli recipe. I love easy recipes!! Who does not ??… I am sure all of us . Today i have for you all one of the easiest ” Chakli ” recipe. I am sure even a beginner or bachelor will have no fuss making Chaklis, with this recipe in hand…
Method 1- By using rice :
Rice : 2 cups
Putani powder : 1 cup
Wash the rice and make it dry under sun light. Put both mixture in girni to get the Chakli powder.
Method 2- By using rice powder :
Rice powder : 2cups
Putani powder :1 cup
Ingredients for Simple Chakli :
2 cups Rice flour – 2 cup
1 cup Besan/Gram flour/Putani powder
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Asafoetida powder /Hing
1 tsp Sesame seeds/Till
1 tsp Cumin seeds/Jeera
1/2 cup oil
Oil for frying
To prepare Simple Chakli :
- First mix all the dry ingredients together. Rice flour, Gram flour/Putani Powder, salt, asafoetida powder, sesame seeds and cumin seeds.
- Heat 1/2 cup of oil and add to the dry ingredients and mix well(make sure when we add oil to dry ingredients it should give sizaling sound). Then add required amount of boilled water and knead the dough to medium consistency. Let it sit 5 minutes.
- Heat oil for deep frying meanwhile coat oil inside the Chakli mould, then fill the dough. Close and press the mould to prepare the Chakli. Move in rounds to get a spiral shape. Make the chalkiest on Plastic sheet or butter paper or aluminum foil so that easy to remove slide them in oil easily.
- Heat oil in a Kadai, Once the oil is hot enough (check by putting a little dough into the oil, it has to come up immediately), fry the Chaklies till golden brown color.
- Crispy Chakli is ready. Once the Chaklis have cooled completely, store it in an airtight container.
Tips / Notes :
- If the chakli breaks while forming Chakli, it means dough is not having enough moisture. Add 1 to 2 tbsp of water and knee the dough again.
- If the dough id too soft it will observe too much oil – Add 1 to 2 tbsp of rice flour and knee the dough.
- Drain Chaklies on paper towels remove excess oil.
- If the chaklis are drinking oil — addition of butter to the dough is more or flame is too low. Then either alter the flame or add some more rice flour.
- If they are breaking while making frying — addition of butter to the dough is more. Add some more chkli powder and knee the dough.
- If the chaklis are becoming soft — they are not properly cooked.
- Check the oil readiness by dropping a small ball of dough into the oil. It has to come up immediately. This shows that oil has attained the right temperature and you can gently slide the Chakli.
- While dropping the prepared Chaklis, the flame should be high, once they float to to top, reduce the flame to medium or medium low flame and fry till they become crisp.
- Do not press all the Chakli at one go. Make it in batches else they will dry. While the Chakli is getting fried in oil, press the next batch of Chakli.
So try this recipe and write back to us…We love to hear from you.