Here is how I make the Simple Rasam with the fresh Rasam Powder and It has a distinct and exotic taste. This Rasam normally prepared in all south Indian house and in marriages. So learn how to make Simple Rasam and make it on a cold or rainy day or when you do not have the time. What ever the case, this rasam is bound to make your lunch or dinner tastier.
Ingredients for Simple Rasam :
2 to 4 tbsp Cooked Toor dhal
1 no Tomato (finely chopped)
Small marble size Tamarind
¼tsp Turmeric powder
Salt to taste
For fresh rasam Powder:
1 tbsp Coriander seeds
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Cumin seeds
Few Curry leaves
2no Dry red chilies
1/4th tsp Asafetida powder
½ tsp Mustard seeds
½ tsp Cumin seeds
Few Curry leaves
1 no chopped Tomatoes
To prepare Simple Rasam :
- Soak tamarind and extract about 1 cup of juice.
- Pressure cooks the Toor dal with extra water. Mashed it well and keep aside. We can do this one day before and store it in the fridge to fasten the cooking process.
- Heat the ghee, fry all spice ingredients and grind coarsely in a mixer.
- Take tamarind extract and add salt, asafetida, turmeric powder and boil them.
- When the raw smell goes off, add the mashed dhal water and grounded Rasam powder and simmer.
- When it froths, add the finely chopped tomatoes, simmer for a few minutes and turn off the heat.
- Finally add the tempered ingredients into the Simple Rasam.
- Serve hot with plain rice and paapads.
- U can pressure cook the dal one day before and store it in the refrigerator to fasten the cooking process.
- Adjust the salt, spice and Tanginess as per your taste buds.
- Instead of Ghee u can use Oil. But adding ghee will enhance the taste.
So try this recipe and write back to us…We love to hear from you.Share This: