To beat the heat in the summers here’s simple and healthy watermelon juice. However when at home one of my favorite thirst quenchers is water melon juice. It’s not too sweet, and full of goodness. Simple to make just a case of juicing the melon flesh. Most of us know that cold drinks and artificially flavored juices are not good for health. But still most of us end up drinking them. However, what is really cool for the body are drinking drinks made from fresh fruits like – sherbet, sweet lime juice, musk melon juice, mint juice, aam ka panna (prepared with raw mango) and watermelon juice. Best option on a hot summer day could be having coconut water. I think that no drink can beat coconut water on a hot day.
Ingredients for Watermelon juice:
4 to 5 cups chopped watermelon cubes, deseeded
2 tbsp. Honey
Ice cubes (optional)
To prepare Watermelon juice:
1. Blend the watermelon and honey in a blender.
2. Pour the watermelon juice in a jar or bowl.
3. Serve it with or without ice cubes sprinkle some pepper powder and garnished with watermelon cubes.
Tips / Notes :
- U can add 1 medium or large sized orange, juiced or ¾ to 1 cup orange juice to above mentioned ingredients to make watermelon orange juice
- U can add sugar instead of honey or without adding anything u can consume this juice.
- Serve watermelon juice immediately.
- U can add mint leave while grinding this juice to get mint flavor in it.
Health Benefits of Water Melon:
1. L-citruline: Watermelon contains an abundance of an amino acid called L-citruline.
2. Alleviates high blood pressure.
3. Diuretic: Watermelon is a natural diuretic (as if the name isn’t a straightforward giveaway) and good for hydration.
4. Natural Viagra: In the area of improved circulation, one study has found that watermelon has Viagra-like effects where increased circulation is a necessity.
5. Vitamin and mineral rich: The body needs all sorts of vitamins and minerals to function.
6. Low in calories: A cup of watermelon contains about 80 calories.
7. Low fat: According to Nutrition Data, the big green fruit has almost no fat per serving, so…
So try this recipe and write back to us…We love to hear from you.