Today I am going to show you about amazing and best fruit pickle i.e. Usiri kayalu /Amla / Goose berries Pickle. Let us know something about this best and rare fruit which contains all tastes except salty and it’s the only fruit which won’t lose its own properties even after u cook / fry / or use it in dry form. Here comes the recipe.
Ingredients for Usiri Avakaya /Amla Pickle / Goose berries Pickle:
400g Usirikayalu/Amla / Goose berries
3 tbsp red chilli powder
3 tbsp mustard powder( half cup mustard seeds roasted and powdered)
5 tbsp salt
2 tbsp methi/fenugreek seeds (roasted and powdered)
1 tspn Turmeric powder
1 cup oil
½ cup of lemon juice
To prepare Usiri Avakaya /Amla Pickle / Goose berries Pickle:
1. Wash, clean and dry the Usirikayalu /Amla / Goose berries.
2. Heat oil in a pan, fry the Usirikayalu /Amla / Goose berries on medium flame stirring at intervals for at least 10 to 15 mints. Press a berry with a ladle and see whether it is cooked properly.
3. Now remove from the flame. Allow it to cool. Now press each Usirikayalu /Amla / Goose berry with the help of a ladle and remove the seed inside.
4. Add the leftover oil (brought to room temperature) to mixing bowl, add red chilli powder, Turmeric powder, salt, mustard powder and methi / fenugreek powder. Mix well. Add the cooked Usirikayalu /Amla /Goose berries to it. Also add half cup of lemon juice. It is optional. Mix well with dry spoon and store it in an air tight container. This pickle lasts for 3 to 4 months with yummy taste.
5. You can use the pickle from the day you have prepared. You can also store it in a refrigerator to use it for a longer period. Serve this pickle with idly and upma also. We can take this as side dish for curd rice too.
Tips / Notes:
- U can adjust the Salt, mustard powder, methi / fenugreek powder, chilli powder and lemon juice levels as per your requirement.
- U can add Green chillies instead of red chilli powder.
- Make sure that the Mixing bowl and spoon you are using should be dry.
- Always use dry Bottle to store the pickle.
- Whenever you are taking the pickle for serving just mix it from top to bottom and then take the required quantity of pickle by doing this more oil will not come to the spoon.
Health Benefits of Usiri Avakaya /Amla Pickle / Goose berries:
1.) It’s an excellent source of Vitamin C:
2.) It enhances immunity.
3.) It’s high in antioxidants.
4.) It reduces inflammation.
5.) It is good for digestion, and helps the body to absorb and assimilate nutrients from the foods we eat.
6.) It strengthens the liver and helps us to flush out toxins.
7.) It’s great for the urinary system.
8.) Great for the skin.
9.) Gives us healthier, more lustrous hair.
10.) Relieves menstrual cramping.
So try this recipe and write back to us…We love to hear from you.